The beginning course in guitar performance will cover:
- Tuning your instrument.
- Naming the strings, guitar parts and fingers for understanding traditional symbols used in songbooks and conventional publications.
- An explanation of the FIVE major chord grips: C-A-G-E & D to allow complete movement up and down the guitar neck for mastery of the WHOLE fingerboard.
- Use of guitar pick and finger-style approaches.
- Rhythms and use of a metronome.
- The major scale and it's fingerings. The minor scale and it's fingerings. There will be no traditional musical notation covered in the first semester, though it will be covered in subsequent classes.
Ages: K - 8
Dates: 8 Wednesdays, 9/14, 9/21, 9/28, 10/5, 10/12, 10/19, 10/26, 11/2 2016
Hours: 4:00pm - 4:55pm
Instructor: Steve Fox
Location: The Lyceum, 1073 Sixth Street, Monterey
Class Size: Limited to 10 students
Fee: $80 (works out to $10 per session)