SATURDAY NOVEMBER 18, 2017
AT HARTNELL COLLEGE
Salinas, CA 93901
• Be the inspiration that encourages young women to explore science, technology, engineering and mathematics careers
• Motivate girls to become innovative and creative thinkers ready to meet 21st Century challenges
• Share your passion and enthusiasm for the important work you do with middle and high school girls
Volunteer to present a workshop at Monterey County’s Expanding Your Horizons Conference. Each workshop session is 75 minutes long and will be presented twice. Lunch is included for all presenters. The maximum number of students allowed to register for each workshop will be 20.
Examples of previous year's workshops:
- Don't Break the Law! - Material Engineers, Meghan Baronowski and Danielle Ramos, showed an example of a fluid that defies Isaac Newton's law of viscosity. Participants will get to play with some ooey, gooey, glop...or is it?!
- Will Pooh Go "SPLAT"? - Mechanical Engineer, Elsa Hennings and Aerospace Engineer, Alyse Dannenberg, led a workshop involving designing a harness for a large stuffed animal, attaching it to a parachute, and making predictions where it will land, then testing those predictions.